Whether it's pumpkin season or pruning season this pumpkin chai is sure to make you say "Mmmm...".
What you'll need: Black tea bag, tea kettle, small pot, and cup and the fallowing ingredients:
1/2 cup hot water
1 black tea bag
1 cup milk (your choice of type)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3-4 sprigs of clove
1-1.5 tablespoon maple syrup
1-2 tablespoon of pumpkin puree (the more you add, the thicker the beverage
*I used 1 tablespoon.
1. Pour 1/2 cup of boiled water in a cup and place the black tea bag in it and put it to the side to to steep 5-7 minutes
2. Place 1 cup of milk and all the spices mentioned above (except the pumpkin puree) in a small pot.
3. Simmer on low heat as you stir the spices.
4. After the black tea has steeped, pour it gently into the pot with the milk and spices. Feel free to allow the tea bag to steep in the mixture.
5. Stir in the pumpkin puree and maple syrup (or your choice of sweetener) until everything looks to be blended well and smooth.
6. Turn the heat off and slowly pour liquid into a cup.
7. Give it a couple stirs or use a frothing device for an even creamier texture.
8. Let sit for a 1-2 minutes then enjoy.
Notes: Allowing the drink to settle for a moment or two allows the flavors to blend.
You can leave the clove sprigs in the beverage or taken them out.
For a thinner beverage run it through a strainer before enjoying.
I'm Carmita, I enjoy writing, yoga, meditation, and spreading the word about how to deepen connection with food, earth, and animals. So we can understand how we all are connected and learn how to co-exist with nature and the world.