3-Ingredient Blueberry preserve
This is a quick and simple recipe for blueberry preserve. It's a treat to top on breads, cakes, and ice cream. Bonus, you don't need pectin for this recipe. It uses just 3 ingredients: blueberries, sugar, and lemon. Optional: lemon zest.
1. Put 3 cups of fresh (or frozen) blueberries into a medium size pot on the stove.
2. Add 10 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
3. Add 4 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
4. Option to add some lemon zest.
5. Set stove to medium high until bluerries start to boil.
6. Once berries are boiling, turn down the heat, and start to mash up the blueberries.
7. Simmer on low heat for a total of 15 - 20 minutes.
8. Stir and mash the berries as they continue to soften.
Berries will start to look more like jam/preserve.
9. Once berries have simmered for the 15 - 20 minutes, turn off the heat, and allow them to cool.
This can be a good time prepare what food you'd like to dress up with the preserve.
10. Once cooled, you can use your preserve or jar your preserve and place it in the fridge.
I'm Carmita, I enjoy writing, yoga, meditation, and spreading the word about how to deepen connection with food, earth, and animals. So we can understand how we all are connected and learn how to co-exist with nature and the world.