Simple Banana Bread
This banana bread is a great recipe for anyone learning to bake or who's a legendary baker. You can use bananas that are ripe (or a little more than ripe) and there are many additions you can add to the recipe to spice it up! Please see notes at the bottom.
What you need:
1 cup white sugar
1 egg's worth of replacer (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Egg Replacer)
1/4 cup melted vegan butter
1 and 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl. This includes the sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Place the wet ingredients in a blender. This includes the bananas peeled, egg replacer, and melted vegan butter. Blend the ingredients on medium until smooth. Your blender may have settings like "milkshake" or "smoothie", either of these settings is fine. If you don't have a blender, mash up ingredients in a bowl.
4. Once blended, slowly mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5. Stir all ingredients together. Just enough to mix in the flour. Do your best not to over stir.
6. Grease and flour an 8x8 baking pan.
7. Pour mixed ingredients into the pan.
8. Place in the oven for 50 minutes.
9. Prick bread with a toothpick or thin knife to check for goo. Depending on how much goo is on the toothpick, bake for another 5 minutes, but no more than another 10 minutes. (You don't want to go over 60 minutes max total bake time!)
Notes: Depending on the type of oven you have the bake time may vary. Please use your best judgement.
Optional ingredients: walnuts, chocolate chips, cinnamon, clover, nutmeg, or cardamom.
I sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on the top of my bread BEFORE baking. It added a sweet crispy coat on top.
Leave a Reply.
I'm Carmita, I enjoy writing, yoga, meditation, and spreading the word about how to deepen connection with food, earth, and animals. So we can understand how we all are connected and learn how to co-exist with nature and the world.