This is delish spread on toasted bread, crackers, pretzels, or whatever else you enjoy your cheeses with! For decoration ideas and transfer recommendations, see the notes below.
Here's what you need:
1 cup cashews that have soaked overnight at room temperature
3 tsp nutritional yeast
1/3 cup water
3 tsp cornstarch
1 tablespoon sunflower oil (or use any infused or flavored oil of your choice)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Sprinkle of garlic (to taste)
Sprinkle of truffle (to taste)
Sprinkle of Italian seasonings (to taste)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and mix on high.
2. After blending, pour mixture into a pot and turn on low heat (simmer).
3. Stir mixture until it starts to form a ball. This should take around 5 minutes on low heat.
4. Take the bowl of cheez and place in a bowl.
5. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6. When ready, take chez ball out of fridge. It should be firm on the outside now.
7. Gently flip bowl and/or use a thin utensil if needed, to place cheez ball (round side up) on plate. (You may have to pat it into a ball form if it's still a bit moist.)
8. Decorate and enjoy!
Option to use a wax paper to line bowl to make transfer to plate easier after refrigeration.
Cover your cheez ball with Italian herbs or spices like rosemary or chives, or crushed nuts.
This cheez ball is a bit creamy. If you want something less sticky for easy rounding... add 4 tsp of cornstarch instead of 3. This may shorten time on the stove.
I'm Carmita, I enjoy writing, yoga, meditation, and spreading the word about how to deepen connection with food, earth, and animals. So we can understand how we all are connected and learn how to co-exist with nature and the world.